- PLATFORM FOR PRESENTATIONS of oral communications, poster discussions and posters
- PLENARY SESSIONS highlighting infectious disease
- LITERATURE REVIEW of top papers in paediatric infectious diseases
- MEET THE PROFESSOR SESSIONS covering a broad range of PID topics, each chaired by senior experts in an interactive setting
- INTERACTIVE CASE SESSION
- ESPID RESEARCH NETWORK SESSIONS showcasing many of the collaborative PID research projects, developing novel research initiatives and finding ways to get you involved in future research opportunities
- BILL MARSHALL AWARD & LECTURE
- NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES including the Opening and Welcome Reception, ESPID Members & Faculty Dinner and the ESPID Farewell dinner, not to be missed.
- PRE AND POST MEETING EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOPS include the clinically oriented Walter Marget Workshop for trainees with interaction between trainees and faculty strongly encouraged, and the ESPID Research Masterclass (ERMC) developed as a seminar type of forum for active paediatric infectious disease groups in Europe.
- The ESPID 2014 program includes 2 oral sessions. There will also be 12 oral Poster Discussion session that will be arranged on a variety of paediatric infectious disease related topics and posters selected for the programme from the submitted abstracts that will undoubtedly extend our knowledge of the latest scientific developments in these fields.
Click here to submit your abstract for consideration.
Keynote plenary sessions have will cover the following topics:
- Future concepts in Microbial defense
- One World One Health
- Antibodies in defense - what makes children different
Meet the Professor Sessions
There will be 14 Meet the Professor Sessions offered which provide participants the opportunity to be updated about the topic of interest in a highly interactive manner. The key learning facts and open issues of the topic of interest will be moderated and presented by two senior paediatric infectious disease experts.
Interactive Case Session
An Interactive Case Session will be held on Friday, May 09, 2014 between 09:15-10:45.
The objective of the session is to increase the knowledge on clinical aspects of diagnosis and therapy of paediatric infectious diseases. The session will be chaired by two internationally recognised experts in the field, who will prepare, present and discuss case reports of children with common or unusual infectious diseases. A panel of paediatric infectious disease consultants will be challenged by the \ moderators to provide their insights on diagnosis and therapy. The audience will be asked to actively participate in discussion with the experts and the panel members.
Please note that space is limited to in this session. Space is on a first-come, first-served basis, so make sure to arrive early.